Case Officer - Dispute Resolution
Location: Docklands, Victoria AU
Job Number: 195
- 12 Month Contract
- Remuneration $74,185 + Super
- Work life balance | Mon – Fri | 9.00am – 5.30pm
- 28 days of annual leave, Onsite Massage, Social Club, Free Fruit
- Close to Southern Cross Station
At the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman we regularly recruit Case Officers who play an integral part of our business ensuring matters are handled efficiently, effectively and professionally.
Do you consider yourself a natural problem solver, curious by nature, comfortable with conflict and good with prioritisation? If so continue reading!
About the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman
Our first and primary role is to provide a dispute resolution service that is accessible, independent, fair, efficient, responsive and effective.
We serve residential and small business consumers, and the organisations that provide telecommunications services to these consumers. We use the most appropriate means to resolve a complaint, from referral to conciliation, investigation and determination.
So we can maintain our high level of exceptional service, we need your help!
About the role
The primary purpose of a Dispute Resolution Officer is to receive, refer and resolve consumer complaints about telecommunications service providers. You will undertake work across the end-to-end complaint handling process (from Enquiry to escalation Levels).
Key responsibilities of your role will include:
- Effectively managing end to end case work and new matters involving disputes between consumers and service providers
- Provide independent information to consumers and providers about how to go about resolving their disputes
- Accurately record the details of a dispute and case manage according to TIO processes
- Identify key issues arising from a dispute, gather and analyse relevant information (both verbal and written) and decide whether a proposed outcome is in accordance with the law, good industry practice, and what is fair and reasonable given all the circumstances of the dispute
- Apply dispute resolution frameworks including conciliations between service providers and consumers and employ negotiation and problem solving skills to facilitate the appropriate resolution of disputes
- Undertake formal investigations, including assessment of information and communicate the outcomes of the investigation plainly and clearly to parties
- Communicate with consumers, providers, representatives and other agencies via telephone, email or other appropriate channels in order to facilitate dispute resolution
To be successful
To be successful, you will hold a bachelor degree with a minimum of two year’s customer service experience ideally within a regulatory or compliance based environment. You will be a confident and assertive communicator comfortable with handling conflict as well as being able to make fact based decisions upon evidence. You’ll also be a natural organiser capable of managing high case loads and prioritising.
As well as making lifelong friends, you’ll start with us on an induction course learning about the business through a structured learning program. As a Dispute Resolution Officer, you also have the opportunity to gain a graduate certificate in Dispute Resolution. In addition, we offer employees 28 days’ annual leave, access to subsidised massage, a social club and free services to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
How to APPLY
To make an application click the APPLY button and attach a copy of your most recent resume as well as a cover letter outlining your interest and experience for the role. Applications will be reviewed continuously and close at 5pm Friday 23rd August 2019.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
The Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an inclusive, accessible and safe work environment. We want to ensure all applicants and employees with disability are treated respectfully and equitably in all stages of the recruitment process.
*Please note this position is known internally as a ‘Dispute Resolution Officer’.
Job Number: 195
Community / Marketing Title: Case Officer - Dispute Resolution
Location_formattedLocationLong: Docklands, Victoria AU